Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Like a freakin' duck!

Today's Cereal: FrankenBerry and Cheerios
Current Mood: Irritated at EVERYTHING

First of all, I am super-annoyed that for some reason my profile and links aren't showing up on my blog anymore. Is it just my computer, or can you all see them okay? I can't find any reason why this is happening; but we all know and love how "great" Blogger is.


So the weekend was pretty uneventful. After The Boy and I were sick all week, the Hubby finally got it, too. But I think the stench of throw up is finally clearing out of our house. The highlight of last week, aside from peeing myself while throwing up, was when we all finally felt good enough to go grocery shopping on Friday.

And then my husband told me, after watching me walk down the aisle, that I have started "waddling".

Great.

But speaking of the grocery store, I freakin' love mine. Sure, they don't always have the Lipton Asian Sidedishes that are so yummy (in a pre-packaged, boil-for-10-minutes-and-serve kind of way), and they started glazing the maple bars IN ADDITION TO the maple frosting (WTF? As if maple frosting isn't sweet enough?); but I love my grocery store because they have "Expectant Mother Parking". Right up front. No, RIGHT up front!

It kicks so much ass. Okay Seriously wrote a post about this some time ago, and I generally agreed with her. But now that I am at a point where it is obvious I'm pregnant (i.e., Waddling), I don't feel weird AT ALL about using these parking spots. In fact, I now get really pissed off if I see someone parking there who is A) Not pregnant, B) Less pregnant than me, or C) a man. (Watch it, man! Your beer gut is NOT a baby, no matter how much you nurse it!) The other day I gave the evil eye to a couple of women who parked there, but were questionably pregnant. (Either one of them might have been, but they were both ginormously fat so you wouldn't have known it anyways.) I stuck out my waddle-causing belly as far as it would go as I went past them, hoping that they would feel guilty for making me waddle 50 extra feet (Okay, so I'm pretty sensitive about the fact that I waddle! Cut me some slack!). They didn't appear to notice. No one who deserves it ever does.


So in other news, my Great-Aunt Becky is coming this week for nearly two weeks. I haven't seen her for just about two years now. It will be fun to see her. Although she will probably disapprove of many things that I am or am not doing. But that's what little old aunties are for, right?

I am also looking for ways to bring in more income (that don't include whoring myself out. Sorry). Maybe I will start charging to read palms. Yeah. E-mail me a scan of your palm and I will read it for you for 3 bucks.

7 Comments:

At Tue May 03, 03:06:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Oh man, sorry about that. I'm SURE you got it from one of us. And Quinton will be next! Yay yay! Cleaning up kid throw up is THE GREATEST.

At least you got an extra day off. Or does this mean you will have to work Thursday?

 
At Tue May 03, 04:17:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Is this the kind of stuff I can look forward to if/when I get pregnant? Granted I need a boyfriend, then a fiance and then a husband before that will happen...hopefully they're all the same guy!

 
At Tue May 03, 05:14:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue May 03, 08:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Oh these are just the mundane, everyday things you can look forward to. There is SO MUCH MORE!! Like having complete strangers ask you really personal things like, "Were you TRYING to get pregnant?" (I wonder what they'd say if my response was, "Well, if you really NEED to know, we went at it like rabid turkeys on the living room floor without giving it a second thought...)

 
At Tue May 03, 08:29:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Oh, about your boyfriend/fiance/husband all being the same guy... I guess it really DOESN'T matter, unless the one that fathers your child is black and the others aren't (or vice versa).

I once told Kitt that I wanted a little black baby because they are the absolute cutest. His response: "I will try my hardest, but I want you to know that if we HAVE a black baby, I'll probably be pretty mad..."

 
At Wed May 04, 09:57:00 AM MDT, Blogger Scott said...

I for real almost just choked reading the Kitt conversation. If he manages to give you a black baby - let me know. My wife thinks they are the cutest too - I need some tips.

 
At Wed May 04, 10:01:00 AM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

I'll definitely put you on my mailing list...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home