Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Yawn.

Today's cereal: Corn Chex and Corn Pops
Current Mood: Boring

I’ve been struggling with things to post to my blog. Mostly because I have realized how very, very boring my life is. Here is my typical day:

1) Be woken up way too damn early by the Boy; watch Sesame Street until the hubby is out of the shower.
2) Eat breakfast, wave bye-bye to Da-Da.
3) Watch more PBS with the Boy while doing laundry/dishes/sweeping
4) Pick up all the videos and books that the Boy has thrown off the shelves, pick up all the things from the lowest drawers in every room that the Boy has thrown all over
5) Eat lunch, play with the Boy until naptime
6) Two glorious, blissful hours to myself! Which is taken up by finally getting a shower, returning any calls I might have to make for work, and then surfing the internet like a maniac in the little time left.
7) Snacks with the Boy, check the mail (sadly, one of the day’s highlights), waste time until the hubby comes home.
8) Lay on the couch, exhausted (from doing what, exactly???) while the Hubby wrestles with the Boy.
9) Fix/watch Kitt fix dinner, eat dinner, count the minutes until the Boy goes to bed
10) Read stories, sing a song, put the Boy in bed and hope he falls asleep.
11) Spend quality time with the hubby playing the computers until I am too tired to sit up straight (around 10:00)
12) Fall asleep listening to one of my hypnosis CD’s

Occasionally I will throw a trip to the park or a visit to a store into the routine. Sometimes I am so desperate to get out of the house and go anywhere that we will go to the Dollar Store. (If I go anywhere else I end up spending money we don’t have. If I go to the Dollar store, I can buy the Boy a new toy car and not feel bad because Hey! It’s a dollar!) But a trip to the Dollar store does not a good blog entry make.

I am thinking of going to the zoo again, maybe on Friday. More for me than the Boy. I freakin’ love the zoo. He is indifferent; though I think he really liked the train ride last time. (And I can’t wait until the Dippin’ Dots stand opens! I have an unnatural love for them. Have you seen these things? Have you tried them? They are crazy. Crazy good.) Then I can post about how bad my butt hurts afterwards from all the walking. I’m sure you’ll all love to hear about my butt.

On another note, we’ve been given free tickets anywhere JetBlue flies. Usually we’d go to Disneyland, especially for the 50th anniversary (does anyone else cry when they see Disneyland commercials?), but since I can’t freakin’ go on any of the good rides and Kitt would feel like a tool going on them without me, we’re thinking San Francisco. I haven’t been since I was like 11, and Kitt has never been. Any thoughts on cheap hotels (where we both won’t get raped)? Any suggestions on what to do? We are considering renting a car and heading to the Winchester Mystery House (we love ghosts! Remind me to tell you about our encounter at Fort Douglas…). Just how far is it from San Fran to San Jose? Any trip advice is appreciated.

5 Comments:

At Wed Apr 13, 08:44:00 PM MDT, Blogger Erik with a K said...

It's like an hour or so if I remember right - we flew into SJ to save money on our SF trip.

I'm singing right now, Beck - Purple Rain for some reason. Dang Mormons... :-)

 
At Thu Apr 14, 06:51:00 AM MDT, Blogger Scott said...

You could switch with my wife and our kids wouldn't notice. You described her day exactly. Oh, except the one you have on deck is on the outside for us (7 month old). That does change things a bit. The 2 hours when Aiden (sp?) is sleeping will certainly not be the same hours the new bean is sleeping. The conspire to make sure you get no free time - at least that is what my wife tells me.

Oh and the guy on the Drippin Dots web page does not make me want to eat them.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 09:26:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

hey, why don't you give me a call real quick...the only email i have for you is your work address; are you able to check that from home?

 
At Thu Apr 14, 01:46:00 PM MDT, Blogger Sara Z. said...

I could scrape the multi-colored candlewax off of my kitchen table, put them in the freezer, and sell them as Dippin' Dots for a handy profit.

Everyone must eat them once for novelty's sake, because they are damn weird, but that's about as far as I'll go.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 03:24:00 PM MDT, Blogger Sara Z. said...

dripping. candlewax drippings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home