Thursday, April 14, 2005

A g-g-g-ghost!

Today's cereal: Raisin Bran & Corn Pops
Current mood: Sleeeeeeepy

Okay, business first.
1) A good friend read my post from yesterday and recognized it as a cry for help. This morning she invited Aiden and I up to the zoo. So I went today and had a wonderful, relaxing time. Oh, and Aiden liked it too. His favorites were the golden lion tamerins, the tigers, and feeding the geese. (I’ve always liked the giraffes, the flying foxes, and the hippos—though the hippo was gone. I hope they will be getting a new one!) We went on the train, we ate a popsicle (Dippin' Dots weren't open yet- damn!), we were outside getting sun and exercise, and there were no tantrums. Thank you, good friend, very, very much for a lovely afternoon. I needed that.

2) I have a new link to Erik with a K’s blog. I was tired of going to Scott or Sarah’s pages to find the link to check his blog, so he has officially become a Bit of Interest. Welcome aboard, EriK.

Now for pleasure. Spooky pleasure.
I mentioned in my last post that I loved ghost stories. I’m talking about real live stories of people or places that have been visited by ghosts, not the cheesy stories you tell around the campfire at Girl Scout Camp. I am fascinated from a scientific and religious standpoint by this phenomenon (do-doo-do-do-doo!)

So when I came across the Utah Ghost Investigators Society, I was pretty excited. Every Halloween they are guests on the radio station I listen to, and they play some of the recordings they have made of ghosts. Pretty creepy. A few years back, this group was doing a Halloween Night presentation at Fort Douglas, which is said to be haunted. Since we didn’t have kids, it was a weeknight, and we weren’t cool enough to go to a party, we decided to go. They gave a little presentation on ghosts, how they do investigations, and what they found when they investigated the Fort. At one point, one of the speakers interrupted his colleague and said that one of the ways that you can tell a ghost is around is with a compass—they affect the magnetic field, and so a compass will point towards a ghost rather than to North. He said that he had been watching the compass on his watch, and the arrow had been moving around the room.

I was sitting on an aisle. A little bit later, I noticed my arm getting really, really cold. Just ONE arm- the one in the aisle. I pointed it out to Kitt, and he could definitely feel a difference in the temperatures of my arms. I was sitting next to a sudden cold spot-- another sign of a ghostly presence. So we looked over at the compass-guy to see if he was still watching his compass. He was. He looked up from his compass/watch STRAIGHT AT US!!

Yup, there was a ghost hanging out next to me. Probably thought I was hot or something. For a living chick, I mean.

We were all excited and freaked out. And when we left, we took the Ghost investigators’ advice. They said that whenever they leave a place they have investigated, they ask the ghosts not to follow them home (apparently it had happened before to one of them). So when we got in our car, we told “Clem” that it was nice meeting him, but we didn’t have room for him at our house.

3 Comments:

At Fri Apr 15, 10:51:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

that's cool and creepy at the same time...
there's a ghost here at work, he lives in the basement of one of our buildings. you can totally smell his cologne and it's super creepy.

 
At Fri Apr 15, 03:12:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Good cologne, or old man cologne?
Do you get a creepy feeling when you have to go down there? I HATE that. Kitt's parents' old house had a haunted basement. I didn't like going down there alone cause it was creepy. Even though, as his brother said, "it's just grandpa!"

 
At Fri Apr 15, 04:11:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

sleazy man cologne
i haven't been down there in years, but when I do have to go there, it gives me the heebie-geebies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home