Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bare or Hair?

Today's Cereal: Frosted Mini-Wheats
Current Mood: Icky

American Idol is one of my guilty pleasures.

Now that I've admitted that, I can also admit that I feel sad about Constantine getting voted off.

I didn't think I would care as much as I do... I used to be all about the Anwar. I thought he was a beautiful speciman of a man. But then he started wearing shirts that were open at the chest. It really creeped me out to discover that he has no chest hair! I didn't realize it until then, but apparently body hair is something that I require in a man. I'm not saying that I want them to be Planet of the Apes hairy, but there's gotta be something there or I will question whether they are truly a man. Same goes with facial hair. And I don't even require that they have facial hair; just that they have the ability to grow it.

And who's hairier than a Greek?

After Anwar, Constantine WAS my favorite; but not because I thought he was Hot Stuff. I liked that he was different; that he wasn't a "Pop Singer", and that he wasn't trying to sing like a black man despite his white-ness. Let's face it, he looks WAY too much like creepy, drugged-up, 1970's "Lt. Dan" from Forrest Gump. And the way he kept making eyes at the camera made me squirm-- at first it was from embarrassment for him, because he looked like a doofus doing that. But towards the end--and I can admit this now-- I would squirm with something that I think may have bordered on lust.

Must have been the hair.

So long, Constantine.

1 Comments:

At Fri Apr 29, 10:09:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Facial hair: YES
Chest hair: a little is good, a lot is creepy
Back hair: a little is OK, a lot needs to be attended to RIGHT AWAY

As for Constantine, I never watch "AI", but I'm tellin' ya, boys with long hair are the greatest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home