Thursday, May 12, 2005

Game of Tag

Today's Cereal: Corn Pops
Current Mood: Sleeeeeepy

I’ve been tagged by Sarah.
I am supposed to complete 5 of the sentences below, and tag at least one other blogger I know to do the same. Here we go:

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an inn-keeper...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a llama rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be an astronaut...
If I could be a world famous blogger...
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...
If I could be married to any current famous political figure...
If I could be a dog trainer...


If I could be an inn-keeper I would own a hotel on St. Croix with my family. Dad would do all the repairs, Mom and I would be housekeeping and concierge, Kitt would be the cook, Jana would tend bar, and Bryan would be the server/host. We’d have nice rooms that you don’t have to be a bajillionaire to stay in (unlike so many other Virgin Islands properties), and we would specialize in deals and help for people who are there to do genealogy research. AND we would serve homemade ice cream. A different flavor every night.

There’s a backstory to this—when Kitt and I and the Parents went to St. Croix a couple of years ago, we stayed in a crappy-ass hotel that had SO much potential. The woman who ran it was as crazy as they come, and just didn’t know what she was sitting on. While we were staying there, mom took a pretty bad fall down the stairs (THAT is a story for a whole other post…). We joked afterwards about how mom should sue the hotel, and then we’d own it. We dreamed about how we would all live there and what we’d do with the place…. Ah, St. Croix….

If I could be a painter I would illustrate children’s books. I would have my own studio filled with plants, places for my kitties to hang out, and an “inspiration corner”.

If I could be a chef I would work for Kellogs or Post or something, and come up with new recipes for cold cereal. I think it would be good to have Watchamacallit Cereal (like the candy bar, you know?). It would be like rice krispies flavored with chocolate and peanut butter (much like the Reese’s Puffs—ever had those?), and there would be chunks of krispies stuck together with caramel-y stuff. Mmmmm.

If I could be a doctor I’d be an obstetrician, and I would educate women about how their bodies were meant to give birth and knew how to do it naturally without the medical profession telling them how it is supposed to be done. I would educate them about the benefits of having an intervention-free birthing. Unless it was medically necessary, I would never induce labor, never give drugs to speed up labor, rarely ask women to give birth on their backs, and I would encourage every woman that they can do it without drugs.

If I could be a bonnie pirate I’d totally do it with Johnny Depp.


Dear Bryan—Tag, you’re it!

2 Comments:

At Thu May 12, 01:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent. I gotta tell ya, I'm such a wuss, I'm gonna have every drug possible when giving birth to Peter Forsberg's babies.

 
At Tue May 17, 10:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger GoGo said...

You could become a famous painter.
Painting cereal murals.
And sell them to Obstetrician's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home