Monday, May 16, 2005

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Today's Cereal: Golden Grahams & Multi-Grain Cheerios
Current Mood: surprisingly upbeat!

First things first. TOTALLY check this out.

Okay, so last week my coworkers were asking me if I was going to see the new Star Wars this Thursday. I am famous around the office for taking the day off to see big movies open. I did it for all the other Star Wars, and for the Lord of the Rings movies (Except for the 2nd one which opened 1 day after Aiden was born. Um, yeah... a little busy for that one.); I did it for the Harry Potters and for Spiderman. It is AWESOME!! I freakin' LOVE going to the first day of big, long-awaited shows. I think I have blogged about this before... there is just so much EXCITEMENT floating around the theater, you can practically smell it. (Depending on the movie, sometimes you actually CAN smell it. Ewww!)

I had actually forgotten that the movie opens this week, but not wanting to tarnish my reputation, I said yes. They asked if I had tickets yet, and when I said no, they all laughed and said, "oh, you probably won't be going then. I hear everything's sold out."

Oh, ye of little faith.

Not to mention little brains. Checked out what's available on Fandango.com on Saturday, and there were still TONS of tickets available. So we're set to go on Thursday at 12:45 with my brother and his wife. I wonder how many people AREN'T taking to chance ot go see it opening day because they think everything's sold out? If you are among that crowd, I suggest you do a little research. It is TOTALLY worth it. When you are sitting in a packed theater and the Lucas Films logo comes up on the screen and the audience goes Ape-shit-- well, there is nothing quite like it. And at the end, when everyone claps. I LOVE it when people clap at the end of a movie. Happens so rarely.

Anyway, my co-workers assuming everything was sold out reminds me of the time when they had released the updated original Star Wars into the theaters. I was going to the Community College at the time, and had met "Ed" in my drawing class. (I really should have known at the time... be wary of ANYONE named Ed.) He seemed like a nice guy; he was interesting to talk to, he OBVIOUSLY liked me, I felt comfortable with him, and Kitt was on a mission at the time and I was lonely. So I went out with him several times. And then I realized that he was, in fact, an idiot-loser-drop out with little art talent and even less knowledge of U2, despite his claim of being a "huge fan".

The first time I went out with him though, was to a party. He was a big-time Star Wars geek, and was really excited about seeing the digitally remastered version when it came out. But because he was an idiot-loser-drop out, he didn't look into getting tickets until it was too late. So he threw together a last-minute Star Wars party where we were going to watch all three original movies. All his friends were set to come, lots of them were bringing MORE people-- it was gonna be a "rockin' good time". He invited me, and like I said, I was lonely. So I went.

It was a little odd when I pulled up to his parents' house (yup, he was living at home) and there were no cars parked out front. It was even odder when I went inside and there was no one there but Ed. It turns out that all of Ed's "friends" were able to get tickets to the show after all. I was THE ONLY PERSON who showed up. It was pretty lame watching Star Wars all night with Ed, his parents, and his little sister, knowing that had I been less of a loser myself I could be at the theater. Ed’s parents REALLY liked me, though, because I was a nice girl. Apparently their idiot-loser-drop out son didn’t bring home very many nice girls. I bet they weren’t surprised when I stopped coming around.

No more loser-ness for me, though! I’ve got my tickets, and I will be there Thursday standing in line with all the other...um...okay, losers who took the day off to go see a geek movie.

It’s gonna be a rockin’ good time!

6 Comments:

At Mon May 16, 01:54:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I cheered and clapped all the way through "Miracle". I also cried, too. Does that count?

 
At Mon May 16, 02:16:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

A hockey movie! Ha! Why am I not surprised. I didn't see it, but I hear it was great. Yeah, I guess that counts... as long as you weren't the only person clapping.

 
At Mon May 16, 02:35:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Um, others were clapping...yeah

 
At Tue May 17, 06:26:00 PM MDT, Blogger Lucius Atherton said...

Plus, you got to see us kick the crap out of those commie mazafakas (to use the Russian graffiti spelling) anything that humiliates pinkos brings a tear of joy to my eye.

 
At Wed May 18, 10:31:00 AM MDT, Blogger Erik with a K said...

Beck - I'll toss Bono kisses for you this Sat night, Mrs. TNO and I fly out tomorrow for NYC.

SLC Sarah - I was fortunate enough to live in Upstate NY during the Miracle run, and was at the USA vs. Romania game - there are pics my dad took of me standing next to the crazy Rainbow Afro guy (now a murderer...creepy)

 
At Wed May 18, 10:59:00 AM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!
I can't believe you get to see him ALREADY! I have to wait clear till freakin' DECEMBER! Lucky jerk.
Please toss Bono as many kisses as you can for me-- I don't care if people think you're gay. Bono is the one person my husband says he'd be okay with me sleeping with. (In fact, he said he'd watch!)
I love you Bonooooooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home