Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Visit from Cirith Ungol

Today's cereal: Crispix
Current mood: Tired, as always. My belly hurts, my CROTCH hurts, my back hurts, and my heart hurts a little.

So we finally, finally, thank God, finished the Pink Room. Stripes and everything! I would totally post a picture, but I suck and don't have a digital camera. Maybe my awesome brother Bryan will come over and take a picture so I can post it. I gotta say, I was a little nervous about the whole thing once we were well into the project, but with the chair rail up and the crib together and in there, it looks great.

Speaking of the crib, it is a hand-me-down (like all the other furniture in our house save our kitchen table, a bookshelf, and our tv & entertainment center). It has been sitting in our spider-infested garage for 3 or 4 months now. Seriously, I won't even go into our garage because we've killed way too damn many black widows out there. Spiders themselves are nasty deamons of Satan, but POISONOUS spiders... well, I believe they may actually be Satan himself. So back to the crib-- Kitt brings it in so we can set it up. We're about done with the painting; all is going well. This crib, though, is made of hollow metal tubes. Given my paranoia about spiders, I am surprised I didn't expect it and insist each tube be examined thoroughly before allowing it entrance into the house. Yup, a spider had been living in one of the crib rails, and made it's way out, and INTO MY BABY'S ROOM! This was not just a spider, though-- it was @%$^&%^# SHELOB. It wasn't black widow, but it was the absolute most disgusting thing I have ever, ever seen. It was huge. It was sickly yellow-white, like it had been living in a hole for 40 years. It had a GIANT butt, and long, icky, wiggly spider legs. I stood there paralyzed with fear, only able to emit little squeaks after my initial scream. Kitt's dad, who I think was clueless about my extreme spider phobia, looked at me weird and then bent over and PICKED IT UP!! (not with his bare hands, I will concede-- He had a piece of plastic dropcloth that he used... but the fact that he got that close to it made me throw up a little in my mouth.) And then the WORST PART OF ALL... Not only did he pick it up WITH HIS HAND, he then SQUISHED it. With his hand. And the POP/SQUISH of that @%^!$ enormous, @^$@*# ugly spider being squeezed in between somebody's fingers, was all I could take. I fled the room, and couldn't stop gagging and shivering afterwards.

Dammit, I HATE spiders!

But yeah, the good news is, the Pink Room is finished. Baby Robin can come any time now. Aaaany time. 1...2...3...NOW! Nope. Okay, how about...NOW! No? Okay....NOW! Please? Pleeeeaaase?

5 Comments:

At Tue Jul 05, 01:26:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, how can people do that? Squish bugs with their hands? That's what phone books are for. I'm the same way about moths. HATE THEM.

Congratulations on finishing the room. I was up at SL Regional Thursday afternoon to visit some friends that had a baby that day. I half expected to run in to you up there - if that's where you're having Robin. Where are you having her?

 
At Tue Jul 05, 04:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

Oh thanks... last night I have kid nightmares cause we walked all 27 of them home next to a 4 lane road full of drunk drivers, tonight it will be spiders. I don't like you anymore. :)

And that was gross. :) :) :)

 
At Wed Jul 06, 12:05:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I know it's not funny, but I love that your CROTCH hurts. Not your crotch, but your CROTCH.

 
At Wed Jul 06, 12:16:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Well, you know Crotch is one of those words that either must be whispered, or it must be shouted. There's no in between. And yes, seriously-- my CROTCH hurts. I'm holding up a bowling ball with muscles that are generally reserved for holding in a few ounces of pee. It ain't cool.

I'll be at St. Mark's BTW.

Hey Lizziedaisy-- sorry about the nightmares! If it helps, I had them, too. I had to sleep on the couch last night ('cause the bedroom is too hot and my husband gives off mass amounts of heat, too) and I kept wondering if there were any spiders near me. For some reason, in my mind the blankets on my bed will keep them away, but anything and anywhere else won't do the job.

 
At Wed Jul 06, 01:32:00 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

For some sick reason, moist is one of the words that must be yelled, too. I talked to Steve Mac today...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home