Thursday, March 10, 2005

You know I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it... WHOOO!

I am sickly interested in the Michael Jackson case. This is very odd for me. I didn't give a cat's pajamas about any of the big trials of My Day-- O.J., Scott Peterson, etc. I'm not usually one who is up on current events, and even though I like to watch the local news, it is more for the weather and the human interest stories. But I've found myself reading the AOL updates on the Jackson trial every day, and thinking about it more than once as I go about my business. Wierd.

I'd like to give poor Mikey the benefit of the doubt, but he's just so.... CREEPY, that I can't help but feel he is guilty. No one loves children THAT much without some ulterior motive. I think people who REALLY love children with pure intent don't usually show it in grandiose ways. They just quietly do things to help kids; whether it be babysitting for the tired neighbor, taking in foster kids, or giving quiet donations to charitable organizations. Michael Jackson just makes too much of a show about how much he loves kids, know what I mean? It strikes a foul chord within me. That said, here is a poll:








What is up with Mike?
What will be the outcome of the Michael Jackson trial?
He is guilty, and he\\\'s going to the Bighouse
He is guilty, but he will walk free.
He is not guilty, but he will serve time anyways.
He is not guilty, and the truth will be told.
Other...
View Result
Free Web Polls


Speaking of Michael, his music isn't bad. At least, not his 80's stuff. Thriller, Billy Jean, the like. Does that make me a heretic? I don't own any albums or anything, but I find myself rockin' out ("rockin' out"...do people even DO that anymore? Am I a hopeless loser?) whenever I come across one of his songs on the radio. I really dig 80's music. Mostly alternative 80's music, but I like Cyndi Lauper, Billy Ocean, Mike, etc. I feel like I missed out on a big chunk of pop culture because my parents wouldn't let us watch MTV when we were young. The only music I was exposed to as a kid was Oldies and Country. Sad to say, but as a result, I listened to country until well into 10th grade. Then my boyfriend (now husband) introduced me to something called "U2", and I was completely converted. Can't stand that country hud anymore. We're hoping to score some U2 tickets for the concert here in Utah in December. Last time they came, they played Bad--my all-time favorite-- and I literally wept because it was so amazing to hear it in person.

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 10, 01:05:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Aargh! I don't know WHY adding a poll leaves a great big gap in my post. How annoying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home