Saturday, March 05, 2005

Q & A for the masses

The Urban Princess left these questions on her blog for me to answer on my own blog, thus continuing a chain of interviews.

Here is what Sarah had to say about me:
"Becky and I were best friends through jr high and high school - that is until she went to the Dark Side with the Drama Freaks. She's the cheeriest person I've ever known and I'm so glad that she tracked me down after all these years."

Beck's Q's:

1) Are you glad you waited as long as you did to have children, or do you wish you'd started sooner, and why?

I am SO glad I waited as long as I did. When I got married, I had only turned 20 three days before. Looking back now, that was very young, and there are alot of things I missed out on by marrying that young. To think of all the things I would have missed out on had I a child in tow then! Don't get me wrong; I don't regret getting married then. I was completely ready. But I never liked kids. Hated babysitting. Being the youngest, I never had the experience of younger siblings. I didn't want to have a baby until I felt strongly that it was time and that I actually, truly wanted to care for and raise another person; and not just have one because my family thought it was time that we did, or because all my friends were doing it. I love my Boy; I glad I have him. But not once do I regret waiting. I am a better mother for having the opportunity to grow into my marriage before having a child thrust in there.

2) What is the proudest moment of your career?

When I realized that I am actually something of an expert in what I do. When it occurred to me that people I thought knew more than me were asking ME for advice. That was awesome, and empowering.

3) What magazine(s) do you subscribe to?

Reader's Digest & Ancestry Magazine. I used to subscribe to National Geographic Traveler, but I let that expire and never renewed it. I also wouldn't mind a People subscription, or some other kind of entertainment mag.

4) Name five things in your fridge.

1-Lots and lots and lots of eggs that WIC gives us, but that we can't eat. What kind of family of 3 eats 4 dozen eggs a month?? 2-Lettuce that is going squishy. 3-Half a carton of whole milk for The Boy and half a carton of 2% milk for me. 4-Leftover spaghetti sauce from Thursday night. 5-Some antibiotics for one of our cats that has been in there probably a year now. Eeep!

5) Was slapping Ryan across the face when we went to see Glory as fun and as satisfying as it looked?

This threw me off, because I actually thought Sarah was the one who did the slapping! I will have to ask her to refresh my memory of the whole event. I have The Worst memory in the world. Junior High is a blur. Don't remember a THING about 10th grade. Hell, I can barely remember any of the classes I took as a senior. I guess it HAS been 10 years, but still.

Okay, so I can say I answered that one, despite my confusion, Every time I have ever slapped a boy, there has been a darn good reason-- and every time it has been completely satisfying. Ryan was known for being an ass quite often, so I imagine he'd had it coming for a long time. I'd do it again now just for kicks!



Now it's your turn, dear public, to join the chain. I'll interview the first few people who volunteer. Here's how it works:
1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me"
2. I'll respond by asking you five questions here on my site (you'll each get your own questions)
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you'll ask them five questions

Have fun!

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 07, 05:58:00 AM MST, Blogger Scott said...

I'm in - Interview me (PS - I haven't slapped anyone - so skip any "slapping" related questions).

 
At Mon Mar 07, 08:28:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Now that I think more about it, it actually was me that slapped Ryan. I think he was saying something rude about you and some boy, and far be it from me to act daintily. I think he was shocked as hell that I hit him as hard as I did, too. Yeah, my memory sucks, too. Excellent answers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home