Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Ya gets what ya pays for!

The gods of hair are laughing at me for thinking I could pay 12 bucks for a haircut and walk away satisfied.

It's not that I think my haircut is bad per se, but it's not exactly what I wanted. When I bring you a picture and say "I want this", I don't mean your version of it. I want THAT EXACT HAIRCUT. I think it might be too long still. Or something. All I know is, I hacked off 4 inches of hair becasue I'm going to have two kids under the age of 2 soon, and I can't be messing with long hair when they are both crying at my feet. But when my new "quick" short hair takes me a freakin' hour to make it look sort of like I want it to, there's something wrong.

Okay, so maybe it's because I'm retarded and just don't know how I'm supposed to style it. Maybe it's because I'm not using the right styling product. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. But I ain't happy. Did I think that because it was my cousin who cut it, that it would turn out perfect? As if she said to herself, "Oh, I'd better give Beck a good haircut, instead of the crappy job I do on everyone else just for kicks, because I have to see her at family functions and she'll be mad."

Most people would tell me to go back and have her fix it, but I have two problems with that: 1) I don't want to offend my cousin by saying she did a crappy job (and besides, she's that pushy sort of personality that would argue with me that it looked fine instead of fixing it) and 2) She didn't do it right the first time, why would it be any better a second?

So, if any Salt Lakers out there know where I can get an AWESOME fix for under $30, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 22, 04:00:00 PM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, honey, you've come to the right place. I've been going to Julie for only about two years but I've NEVER had a cut from her that I didn't like. Plus, a haircut is $15 plus tip. Awesome. If you want her phone number, email me.

 
At Wed Feb 23, 01:56:00 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or you could call Jill Lems

 

Post a Comment

<< Home