Monday, September 05, 2005

Robin's Blessing

Today's Cereal: Didn't have any! I'll have to make up for that tomorrow...
Current Mood: Googley-in-love with my baby
The Boy's Word of the Day: Green


So Robin was blessed in church today. Er, yesterday (after midnight already?!). For the non-Mormon, a blessing is akin to christening. Here she is looking adorable-- all smiles, and so pretty in the beautiful dress my mom made.


I stressed about food and cleaning the house and the yard looking good and the weather and who to invite and whether we could pull it all off and still make it to the church on time; but everything went flawlessly. No, that's not true-- my mom got stung by a hornet. But everything else went well. I'll be eating leftover muffins the rest of the week! Mom took this picture, and I laughed out loud when I saw it. Kitt and I look BEAT. Worn-out. Exhausted. Bushed. Dog-tired. I didn't realize it until I saw it from someone else's point of view. I can't believe I've been walking around looking like this!


It was a big day for our little baby! I am very glad it's over with; but I'm just as glad we had to have it. I'm glad she's in our family. She's a little sweetheart, and I couldn't wait for her to come.

5 Comments:

At Mon Sep 05, 01:40:00 AM MDT, Blogger Sarebear said...

She is so sweet, and wonderful, and beautiful! I love when she looks up into my eyes and just speaks to my soul from hers.

I am sorry that we were not there.

She is SO Beautiful! I love the pictures, and sympathize with the being beat thing. And UGH on the hornet!

Lookin forward to seeing you Friday, is 10 am or so ok? I realized Emily gets early out, and that wouldn't leave us enough time to go out, do anything, and get back in time for Scott to work (he doesn't usually work Fridays at the mo, but he does this week).

 
At Mon Sep 05, 04:43:00 AM MDT, Blogger Lucius Atherton said...

Damn, that's a cute fruit o' the loins. Great pictures. I'm sorry we couldn't make it either...other side of the country and all, you know. I swear by Krapthar's Hammer that I'll be updating my blog later today, by the way.

 
At Mon Sep 05, 08:58:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Beck, she's adorable! You don't look that THAT tired...

 
At Tue Sep 06, 09:18:00 AM MDT, Blogger Carly said...

you do look a little tired... but you all look beautiful anyways. congrats!!!

 
At Tue Sep 06, 01:16:00 PM MDT, Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

I think you look great considering you have a baby at home... gee, I wish I looked that good now and my baby is 4. I haven't had sleep in several nights myself.

Anyhoo... great pictures. Congrats to Robin on her blessing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home