Monday, August 29, 2005

Owie!

Today's Cereal: The very last of the Vanilla Creme Frosted Mini Wheats, and Cran-Vanilla Crunch. I also had some Honeycomb at lunch with my boring peanut butter sandwich. Honeycomb's big, yeah, yeah, yeah!
Current Mood: Tired, and wondering why I spent The Boy's naptime surfing the internet instead of sleeping. Dumbass.

So The Boy took a trip to the Instacare Saturday.

Kitt was mowing the lawn, and The Boy--always interested in anything with wheels-- decided to check it out. No, he didn't get his hand cut off (but wouldn't that be cool to be known as the Mother of the Boy with the Hook-for-a-Hand?), he was burned really badly when he decided to grab a part of it. He's got this MONSTER blister that covers most of his Venus mount (for those of you who DON'T read palms, that the base of his thumb. Yes, I already TOLD you, I read palms. Email me a good scan and I'll see what I can do for you.)

He'll tell you all about what happened, but the only words you will be able to pick out of his gibberish is "burned", and "hot". Pretty cute. Aside from the monster blister. Oh, and the crying.

He's okay now; if only he would leave the bandage on. I've had to wrestle it back onto him four times today after he pulled it off. Keep in mind that this is a two-man operation. And I am home alone. Yeah, so I'm so annoyed with him that I couldn't stop yelling at him this morning. Yes, you can send my Mother-of-the-Year award directly to my house.


In other news, Robin "slept through the night" for the first time Friday night. Slept from 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.. I would have really enjoyed the sleep that would have given me, but instead we stayed up till 3:00 a.m. having fun with Scott and Sara. I am proud to say I got Sara hooked on making jewelry. She made a very lovely bracelet. I, also, made a masterpiece. I will post a picture as soon as Sara e-mails it to me. (hint, hint. : ) ) The baby slept just as well Saturday night; but wouldn't you know it, DIDN'T last night. I'm sure it's because she knew Kitt had to get up early for work. Alas for me.


Going to the Family History Library tomorrow. Focus all your psychic energies for me on my great-great-great grandfather, Charles. Maybe he'll decide to offer me some help in finding him. I wouldn't mind a personal appearance, but all I really WANT is just some proof of which Charles Foss is MY Charles Foss.

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 29, 04:35:00 PM MDT, Blogger Sarebear said...

Oh, Beck! Poor Aiden!!! I hope he learns to keep that bandage on! For your sake as well as his.

OOooooo I kinda had a feeling, Friday night, that she might. When we left so late and she hadn't woken up (and it was already an hour ater than usual). Of course, I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy all that time sleeping, altho I can tell you the first times they do that, you spend most of the night awake thinking they'll wake up anytime now, and stuff.

YAY. And yes you DID. Thank you for the compliment! I'll get on those pics asap. I'll just have to figure out where Scott's ports are, so I can plug into the right place, USB wise. Since my puter is in a coma. Or the sleep of Snow White, and I'm sure not going to kiss it.

Here's hoping and focusing the same thoughts on your geaneology that I was focusing Friday night on thinking Robin to sleep. As well, it's kind of pleasing to know I spent so many hours caring for her and she went off to sleep so well (but of course it's more due to you of course.)

 
At Mon Aug 29, 07:19:00 PM MDT, Blogger Holly said...

Everyone can focus their psychic energies for me too on my 2nd Great Grandfather. Still looking for some type of document that he changed his name. I can't wait to spend the day tomorrow at the library with you. I hope we are both successful on our research, but if not, we will keep plugging away at it.

I am really sorry about Aiden's hand. Hopefully it will not leave a scar. Did you take a photo of him with his bandage on? I take photos of all of my kids "ouches" that require medical attention, so that I can scrapbook them. I do that so they can have a medical history and also they love to reminisce (is that how you spell it)about the experience. Just a thought. Scrapbooking is just genealogy for the living. Well, it can be for the dead too, but more the case for the living.

 
At Tue Aug 30, 06:04:00 PM MDT, Blogger Sarebear said...

Alright, so how'd it go? Anything?

Wish I coulda been there with you, but Tuesday is Shrink Day. I never pass up a chance to get a little smaller. (Hee Hee).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home