Friday, September 02, 2005

And stuff

Today's cereal: Special K
Current Mood: Odd
The Boy's Word(s) of the Day: Library--that's a big word for a little guy! He also said Meow for the first time which was ridiculously cute.

Okay, so I've obviously got a new feature to my blog. The Boy has started talking with a vengeance after doing nothing but pointing and whining for so long. He amazes me every day with a new word that he has learned, and a lot of times I am baffled by where he picks them up. The day his Word of the Day is "shit", though, won't confuse me. That one will be totally picked up from me. It will take a lot of effort not to laugh out loud and encourage him to say it again. Like I did the other day when his newest word was "penis". Do you know how hilarious that sounds when it's coming from the tiny, sweet voice of a not-yet-two-year-old? Penis. Ha! I am still laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because I know you are aching deep in your guts to know, No I did NOT have any luck finding my gr-gr-gr-grandfather Charles at the Family History Library on Tuesday. What is he hiding, that he doesn't want us to find him? I am not afraid of any skeletons in my closet. Just so you know Grandpa Charlie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started back to work last week. Do you know what that means? It means I had to dig out the ol' breast pump so I can MILK MYSELF LIKE A DAMN COW while I am there. It is the most pleasant thing I can think of doing while crouched in the corner of whoever's empty office I can dig up. And no, I'm not being sarcastic at all. I LOVE it. You should try it sometime.

But it was nice to be back at work amongst the adults. Even though they aren't as cute when they say penis. (In fact, I am pretty sure they could get fired for saying penis to me at work; especially deliberately to make me laugh.) Speaking of fired, one wacky thing happened-- I found out when I showed up to the office yesterday that my supervisor got fired for stealing money from the agency. Woah! I was not surprised to find out that she had been fired, but to find out that it was for criminal activity and not just the gross incompetence that I'd come to expect from her, was shocking to say the least. Well, good riddance, I say. She liked to take credit for the good things I did, and I won't tolerate that. I am arrogant enough that I will take my OWN credit, thank you very much. I didn't spend 4 perfectionist-to-the-point-of-OCD hours writing that kick-ass report complete with photos and pie charts just to have you tell me that I need to put YOUR name on it, too! Go to hell! Oh, nevermind, you are already going there for breaking that commandment that says YOU SHOULDN'T STEAL! Honestly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the picture of the bracelet I made last week. What do you think? I am thinking of entering it in the State Fair. I could win THREE WHOLE DOLLARS if the old ladies who judge it like it enough! Do you know what you can do with three dollars? Neither do I, so let me know if you come up with any ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly tagged me for a new blog game. I promise I haven't forgotten! I will get to it soon. Scout's honor. Girl Scout's honor, anyways. Though I don't know how much that is worth...those damn girl scouts must not have much honor because they keep raising the prices on their damn cookies, and they're so damn good that no one can refuse! Well, the point is, I'll post my response sooner than later.

5 Comments:

At Fri Sep 02, 12:55:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Fri Sep 02, 09:50:00 AM MDT, Blogger failproof said...

I love it when they start to talk and have these whole conversations with you!

Maybe they can give your supervisors job to Bryan...

With 3 dollars you could pay that paper boy on the bike who keeps asking you for his 2 dollars and still have a dollar left to go to the dollar store with and not be able to buy anything becuase you don't have enough money to pay the tax.

 
At Fri Sep 02, 10:00:00 AM MDT, Blogger Holly said...

With 3 dollars, you can buy an "All American Meal" at McDonald's. Now I don't really like McDonald's food, but when you have kids that LOVE to go there, you need to feed yourself and this is the pretty good meal.

I LOVE your bracelet! It is very beautiful! You will have to let us know if you enter it, so if we get a chance to go to the fair this year, we can go check it out in person.

 
At Fri Sep 02, 10:28:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

$3 will get you:
a venti black coffee at Starbucks
a copy of "Life and Style" magazine
9 York Peppermint Patties
3 Big Gulps
2 Sunday "Tribs"
2 beers + tip at GreenStreet on Dollar Draft Night

 
At Tue Sep 06, 09:16:00 AM MDT, Blogger Carly said...

it's beautiful!

Three dollars buys you MORE BEADS! D'oh!!

:-)

(or one of those Betty Crocker warmm delights desserts or a People magazine or some other brain candy like that...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home