Monday, September 12, 2005

About time, eh?

Today's Cereal: Fruit & Yogurt Special K (It's new!)

Current Mood: Anxious for a nap, but knowing I won't get one.


The Boy's New Word of the Day: Aiden and I were looking at the pictures of him on the computer, and he was telling me what they were (i.e., "Papa!", "Ball!", "gramma!"). I asked him what this picture was of, and he said, "Mess!"

And so a New Word of the Day is born. Holy crap it was cute.



So, Holly tagged me about a decade ago to play a blog game wherein you list five things you dislike using your five senses for. (I never got tagged for the one where you list what you like using them for! *sniff*) Oh well. Here we go!

Smell: 1) The Boy's poopy diapers. 2) Burning something that spilled on the burner. 3) Week-old litterbox. 4) Mold. 5) Fish (see also Taste)

Sight: 1) The Boy's poopy diapers. Especially when he's been eating raisins. (Now you are all thinking of that! Hee hee!!) 2) Spiders (except one... I'll tell you about it later this week...). 3) Violent movies-- just can't do 'em. 4) Pregnant women smoking/drinking. 5) Really old people. Old people make me sad.

Taste: (this one will be hard to narrow down... Yes, I'm a picky eater.) 1) The Boy's poopy diapers. Just Kidding! Ha! Fooled you. #1 for reals) Hamburger, especially in any kind of casserole. 2) Fish. Any kind of seafood, really. 3) Many kinds of Pizza, but especially Little Ceasar's. Gag. 4) Under-done chicken. And by "under-done" I mean "not burned". 5) Mold. Once when I was pregnant with Aiden I got chocolate milk at a restaraunt. It had been made with moldy Nesquick, and I drank a huge gulp before I realized it. Ever since then I can taste if even ONE ATOM of something I'm eating has mold on it. Not cool.

Touch: 1) The Boy's Poopy diapers. Seriously. Feeling poo through a baby wipe, especially when it is still warm. 2) Raw meat. 3) Bugs. Any kind of bugs (but especially spiders). 4) Hair brushing gently across my face. Reminds me too much of bugs. 5) Bare feet outside, or on a dirty floor. I don't like my feet to get dirty.

Hearing: 1) The Boy's whine. Maddening! 2) The Wee One starting to cry at 3:00 a.m. 3) Rap. 4) The Bishop's clerk saying "The Bishop would like to meet with you this week..." 5) A cat hurking up a hairball.*


So there you go. Hmmm... who to tag.... I shall choose a new blog friend, Hottie. Hopefully she will check back at my blog and see that she has been tagged!


Coming soon: The Spider in my Window, A List of Irrational Fears, and My Birthday Wish List!



*Have you ever heard this sound? A little scary if you've never heard it before. We have a funny story about this... Well, not so much funny as it is long: We'd taken our fattest, dumbest, clumsiest, (But softest & snuggliest) cat to the after-hours emergency vet once. While we were in the waiting room, a cute young couple came in with their cat, just frantic. They told the receptionist that their cat had started to make this horrible gagging sound, and they were really worried about it. Kitt and I just looked at each other and said, "Hairball!" This cute, albiet dumb and new-to-the-world-of-cats couple had just earned themselves a $75 vet bill over a HAIRBALL! Ha!

2 Comments:

At Tue Sep 13, 04:40:00 PM MDT, Blogger Sarebear said...

Eww, Eww, and Eww!

Except I like fish, some of it anyway (Red Snapper yuck, and scallops too!).

And Emily hasn't woken up in the night for a long time. Here's wishing s'more sleepy nights for the wee one.

Arg, I shouldn't say WEE, I have a UTI.

 
At Wed Sep 14, 10:28:00 AM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, how cute is The Boy? Adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home