Thursday, June 16, 2005

Baby Stuff

Today's Cereal: the very last little bits of Cheerios, and the very last little bit of Apple Jacks. Then I dumped the Apple Jacks crumbs into my milk because it made it all sweet and apple-y.
Current Mood: Relaxed

So I am in the office today, but not to work. And I am sans Boy, hence the relaxed mood. Crazy how that is. I am here for a baby shower (Yippee! Presents!) that the gals at the office are throwing for me. As much as I complain about how weird it can be working in an office of ALL WOMEN (stinky bathrooms, hormone-induced catfights, lots of crying), there are also perks. Like baby showers and the occasional potluck lunch. If my boss were a man, you can bet your ass he wouldn't approve holding a baby shower in the conference room on company time.

In other news, I went to an appointment with my midwife on Monday. She checked me, and I am already dialated to almost a 3! This is good and bad... good, because I am already doing half the work of labor and I don't even know it. I won't have to go from 0 to 10 in the hospital; just 3 or 4 to 10. The bad news is, this baby will probably be coming a lot sooner than expected. I say probably because it's very possible that I could walk around dialated to a 3 for several weeks; however, the way I am feeling and the way the baby is positioned and is moving, all signs point to sooner than later. This is bad because #1, she's not done cooking yet. I still have 5 weeks until my due date, and she won't be considered full-term for another 2 weeks. And #2, because my bestest friend is coming in from Georgia to pamper my pregnant ass, but she won't be here until the 3rd of July (See you soon, Sweet Shawna!)

So I am now taking everyone's bets on what day you think Little Robin will be born. I'll send you something cool if you get it right on.

One more thing... I noticed yesterday when I was working in the office that the vending machine guy has put those disgusting red Zingers in our machine. You know, the ones that are all coconut-y? Seriously, who eats those? And wouldn't you know that he put the Hostess Cupcakes right behind them! This guy needs to be shot. And by the way, vending machine guy, stop putting crackers and nuts in the machine. More Skittles! How about some Starbursts? And would it kill you to come and fill it more often? By the end of the month all that is left is SweetTarts, Tootsie Rolls, and nuts. No one is taking that bait.

7 Comments:

At Thu Jun 16, 03:17:00 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing 7/8. at 10:00 AM

 
At Thu Jun 16, 07:08:00 PM MDT, Blogger Lucius Atherton said...

Fourth of July, sometime between 3 and 5 am. Although what's really important is just to beat the spread (which is probably not the term we're looking for when betting on coochie dilation and the like). We're all so freaking excited to come out there. I haven't been to Utah for, oh, two and a half years now. My little brother will have left on a mission and returned (honorably, I assume)therefrom in that space of time. Anywho, I have a posting about "Sean, don't" over on LinguaFrank. It's high-larious.

 
At Thu Jun 16, 10:13:00 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

July 10th 4:am or so

 
At Fri Jun 17, 05:56:00 AM MDT, Blogger Scott said...

06/29/05 9:42am (6lbs 4oz) <--- tie breaker

Good Luck Beck! Maybe the guy could put some peanut M&M's in there - EVERYONE loves those... oh wait. I forgot, for some inexplicable reason you don't. How is that possible? That is like saying, "Oxygen is stupid - I hate it." Sweet, sweet peanut M&M's I love you!

 
At Fri Jun 17, 02:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger Beck said...

Peanut M&M's?!?! You sickos! Why do they exist??

 
At Sun Jun 19, 06:15:00 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to have to join Jana in singing the praises of the Dark side peanut M&M's. mmmmmm...sweet, dark nectar of the gods. There may be something wrong with you, Beck. I guess I will just stick with the Preggie Drops for your special treat. As for the up and coming Miss Davis, I am going to guess the 7th. Make sure she understands that she really needs to wait until I get there...cross your legs if you need to! I can't pamper your cute pregnant self if the kid is already out being the center of attention and stuff.

 
At Wed Aug 03, 12:24:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I like red zingers!

I actually don't usually like dark chocolate, it's too rich, too much in one place but somehow the ratio of candy shell to peanut to dark chocolate in the Dark Side Peanut M&M's somehow has hit the candy equivalent of the Universal Field Theory for me . . . .

Sara Fail

And P.S. How come you hosers didn't ever say hey, this is my blog site come see? Sob. Been up for 2 hours just reading Jana, Bryan, David, and Beck's. Not sure I've read too far back on everyone's yet though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home