Sunday, March 20, 2005

10 Random thoughts this evening....

1) The amount of goo coming out of my head is frightening and appalling. Where does it come from? Is it my brain melting and leaking out my nose? I certainly feel stupider. I thought it was hay fever, but my hubby and my kid have it now, too.

2) Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies from Harmon's bakery are one of the best things on earth.

3) Despite keeping us up most of the night last night, my kid is damn cute.

Tug of War!

4) My mom's birthday is next week. I don't have a clue about what to get her. Suggestions welcome.

5) My brother appeared to like the TV we gave him. He is a man of few words, so I can't be positive. But you'd have to be in a coma to not appreciate a new TV for your birthday, so I am assuming the best. His wife certainly liked it.

6) I heard an old song on the radio a few weeks ago that is haunting me again. I never thought much of it before, but I realized I liked it after I heard it. Don't know who it is, but it's someting like "Gimmie the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away..." It put me in the mood for a road trip. And that, in turn, depresses me. I haven't even been to the movies since Spiderman 2 was out long enough to be at the Dollar Theatre-- A road trip is a thing of the distant, fading past. *sigh*

7) We had chicken for dinner tonight. As a psuedo-vegetarian, I surprised myself by having seconds. My baby must need the protein. It was strangely good to me.

8) Me and The Boy were both too sick to go to church, so we watched "Babe" this morning. At the very end when the farmer says, "That'll do, pig" I burst into tears, and sobbed into my husband's chest for several minutes. That part always makes me cry. What a weenie I am. Haven't seen that movie for a good long time.

9) I am excited about the beads I got at the Gem Faire, though I wish I could have bought A LOT more. I have already made several things with them.

10) Did I mention my nose won't stop running? Remember that green slime you used to get with the Ghostbusters toys? That's all I'm sayin'.

8 Comments:

At Mon Mar 21, 10:35:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Richard made quite the statement on my blog, you'll have to check it out...

 
At Mon Mar 21, 12:04:00 PM MST, Blogger Scott said...

(1) I owe you responses to your questions - I promise I will get to them very soon.

(2) Once you have kids they might as well revoke your access to movie theaters. We never make it out any more. I saw Bourne Supremacy and like Lord of the Rings 1. That is all I have seen since my first was born.

(3) Homeword Bound makes me cry - I haven't seen Babe. Something about talking animals pulls at the heart strings.

 
At Mon Mar 21, 01:47:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

The hardest part for me is that I am SUCH a fan of going to opening day of big, long-awaited movies. The excitement of the crowd just adds a certain intensity that gives me such a thrill. Like when we got opening day tickets to Star Wars Episode 1-- when the LucasFilms logo came up on the screen, the whole audience went NUTS! I about cried it was so exciting. And when I went to Independence Day-- the part where Will Smith opens the alien spacecraft and says, "Welcome to Earth!" as he punched the thing. Everyone screamed and cheered! I left LOVING that movie because of the excitement (Now I watch it and think it's a little on the lame side).

I am mad because both the hubby and I got off work so we could go to the openings of all the Lord of the Rings movies... but Aiden was born two days before the last one came out. I did't get to see it for like 2 months. And now the new baby is due around the same time the next Harry Potter book is set to be released! I just know it will be a year before I get to read THAT. (It took me less than 24 hours to get and finish book #4, I was so excited.)

Yeah, movies are pretty much out now. Movies, and going out to dinner, and picking up and driving to Disneyland, and sleeping in on the weekends, and sex in the living room, and hanging out with friends at the drop of a hat...

But I still love my kid and don't regret him for a second. Weird, huh?

 
At Tue Mar 22, 05:23:00 AM MST, Blogger Scott said...

My best friend (who hada kid before us) told us to do these 3 things as frequently as possible before having a kid
(1) have sex
(2) watch movies at the theater
(3) go out to eat

In retrospect this was great advice. We don't do any of that stuff much anymore. It was worth the tradeoff - but I still miss that stuff.

 
At Tue Mar 22, 08:18:00 AM MST, Blogger Beck said...

That IS really great advice. I think I'm going to use that next time I'm called upon to dole out my wisdom!

 
At Tue Mar 22, 11:57:00 AM MST, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, Beck-I just wanted to tell you that the song you're talking about is called "Drift Away". Uncle Kracker redid it, but the original by Dobie Gray is a classic, and in my opinion, should never have been touched!

P.S. Your kid is ADORABLE!!!

 
At Tue Mar 22, 12:03:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

YES!! That's the song!! Thank you! I will have to find myself a copy. Of the original, of course. Uncle Kracker? I can't imagine what sort of carnage THAT sounds like...

 
At Tue Mar 22, 03:33:00 PM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP. You said "sex in the living room". My entire idea of your purity has been smashed!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home