Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Drive of death

So, the windshield wiper on the passenger side of my crappy Saturn stopped working. This is usually no big deal. But today on the way home it was raining. Still, not a huge deal-- until I hit the freeway, and suddenly it wasn't raining, it was RAINING. Like a bee-yotch. I was freaking out, begging the wiper to work, screaming at it to work, bribing it... and it would make a half-assed attempt at working, but I think it's terminal. Here is what my drive home looked like:


View through my windshield

To make things worse, all the way home I was having contractions (yes I AM just barely 6 months along, thanks for asking!), and that was freaking me out all the more. I was positive I was going to rear-end some idiot who forgot that you don't brake on the Freeway, and cause a huge, massive 80-car pile-up... and then give birth on the side of the road.

I am surprised I did not die. Seriously. Though it would have meant that you all could have sung at my funeral.

2 Comments:

At Thu Mar 24, 10:53:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you didn't die!

 
At Thu Mar 24, 08:06:00 PM MST, Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Love the drawings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home