Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Today's Cereal: Cheerios and Tiger Power
Current Mood: Despondent

I am sorely overdue for something fun in my life (and of course, it has to be good clean Christian fun-- no animal sacrifices or taping someone's butt...). I haven't been on a vacation for two years. This hurts my heart. We used to go to Disneyland just about every year. I went to the Virgin Islands twice in the last few years. We've been to North Carolina a couple of times. But the last two years has been nothing but saving up money for diapers, and then changing said diapers. And now it's happening all over again.


UPDATED Current Mood: Revolted

So I just got up to check on The Boy--thought he was happily watching Between the Lions while I checked my e-mail and did a quick post-- but instead I find him PLAYING IN THE LITTERBOX, dumping cat shit all over himself, and looking like the happiest boy in the world!! He thought it was funny when I screamed like a banshee upon this discovery. He thought it was funny when I gagged when he dropped his binky in the cat shit, and attempted to stuff it back in his mouth. He thought it was funny when I hosed him down with hot water and anti-bacterial soap! And all the while I am yelling profanities (So much for good, clean, Christian fun!). And what did he do when I set him down again? Headed right back for it. Thankfully that room has a door. Damn cats and their poo. "Animals are crapping in our houses and we're picking it up! That's not America. That's not even Mexcio!"

Okay, so I realize that I am to blame. What kind of idiot leaves their one-year-old unattended for more than 40 seconds? Talk about the worst parent in the world. I might as well get a big cardboard box and leave him to play/be trapped in it all day while I sleep and watch "Stories". And let him grow a mullet. Stupid Beck.

4 Comments:

At Wed Mar 30, 04:31:00 AM MST, Blogger Erik with a K said...

Don't beat yourself up, it happens. Just think how the cats must feel...

funny? :-)

 
At Wed Mar 30, 08:25:00 AM MST, Blogger Scott said...

This is the greatest post ever. I love to see other parents suffer like I do. A few months ago my wife and her sister were talking in the LivingRoom and my 2 year old was drawing with Crayon all over the floor... in the LivingRoom!!! He was literally right between them with a yellow crayon - just going to town on our white carpet. Hello!?!? People! Look down!! I used about a gallon of Resolve and about a ton of profanity! That got it out.

 
At Wed Mar 30, 09:47:00 AM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Thanks, guys. You're sweet. I am glad to hear that I am not the only parent who sucks ass sometimes! Last night the kid dumped like a gallon of red Kool-Aid on the carpet (while we were sitting there, of course!). I will have to try the Resolve. Does the profanity make it work better? I'm getting good at that.

I'm not positive if the cats are okay with the Boy in their box-- I think they feel a little violated. One of them hacked up a hairball to show their discomfort with the incident. And of course, I stepped on it in bare feet.

 
At Wed Mar 30, 11:38:00 AM MST, Blogger Beck said...

It was Q's Kool-Aid, but Destructo-Boy Aiden was the one who did it. So no prob, Bob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home