Monday, March 28, 2005

So, raise your hand if you have ever had a sinus infection.

This is something I had always heard of, but never having had one, I never thought about it. Now I have a deeper respect and pity for those souls in which this condition is chronic. I also have a new knowledge about the very real existence of Hell on earth.

Seriously, it feels like the right side of my face has been smashed in with a wrench. It hurts around my eye, into my ear, through my teeth, and down my jaw. I can't eat anything harder than soggy Rice Crispies. God save me if I bend over-- the pressure and pain get so intense I nearly pass put. I told Kitt yesterday that I would gladly go through labor again and again if I could get rid of the pain in my face. Labor is NOTHING in comparison. (And keep in mind, I had Aiden without any drugs!) I spent the evening weeping because I was so worn down by the incessant, sharp pain. I hadn't slept all weekend because of it; so finally last night when I was so tired that I was dizzy, I laid down against Kitt and fell asleep. Ah, the relief of unconsciousness.

Kitt has been so sweet. I am usually more of a hands-off person-- don't like people in my personal space unless I know and trust you-- but being close to Kitt has such a calming effect on me. If I can't sleep, I just need him touching me and I will go right out. Worked like a charm last night, despite my agony.

I spent Easter Sunday at the Urgent Care office and later at the Pharmacy. I was not alone in my pain this weekend... Aiden has a double ear infection. So we are both on Antibiotics and allergy drugs. Poor little dude. I've been so short with him since I've been so wrapped up in my own pain. He's probably been feeling pretty bad, too, and didn't need his mommy yelling at him to boot. The worst part about all of this is that Tylenol doesn't work worth #$^* to take care of the pain. And I can't take anything stronger without my baby like, growing a third arm, or something. I have been relying on hypnosis and prayer. They do a good enough job, I guess, but there must be something I need to learn from this experience...

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 28, 10:09:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

My sympathies on the sinus infection. They're terrible!

Thank you so much for the beautiful bracelet and earrings. They're perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home