Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Setting things straight

Okay, so I obsessed about this ALL NIGHT. And the more I think about it, the more I am SURE that I never kissed Ryan Brown. (For the backstory, see here.)

I have only kissed eight people in my entire life. Eight. Now, that may seem like a lot to some people (like my mother-in-law, who thinks I'm a scarlet woman-- nevermind that another of her daughter-in-laws has a list numbering in the 20's. But she never gets comments from the MIL!). To most of the world, however, eight is a very sweet and innocent number.

I'd like it known that two of those eight kisses were taken from me, not neccessarily given in return. Funny thing that both of those were from my best-friend-at-the-time's love interest... but I was too sweet and spineless in both cases to say, "Hey you, get your damn hands off of [me]". (1000 points to the first person to recognize the movie quote!) On a side note, I certainly hope that my daughter grows up to be very kind-hearted; but at the same time I never want that to interfere with her ability to stand up for herself. How does one instill a wonderful sense of compassion in their child, but a sense of compassion that won't leave them feeling victimized?

At any rate, the point is that eight is not a large number. It would be difficult to forget anyone. I REALLY liked Ryan Brown. I find it hard to believe that as much as I liked him, I would forget about kissing him. The other problem I have is that it supposedly took place in a classroom. Granted, a dark classroom where we were watching a movie, but at 14 I would have been WAY too embarrassed to have kissed someone where so many people could have witnessed it. If I am recalling right, I seem to remember in the fuzzy recesses of my poor memory, that Ryan was making kissing noises at me; but never actually did the deed.

Okay, so I am probably making too big a deal of this; but I would hate Richard to go through life thinking that I was a tramp for kissing his best friend, while he was sitting next to us, knowing full well that he wished it were him. And as Kitt said about it, Ryan Brown was definitely the type of person to go around telling people that something happened just to get high-fives.


On a related note, it seems that girls often have WAY longer lists of people they've kissed than most guys do. Is this just my experience, or does everyone agree? And I'm also curious about everyone else's stats. Leave me a comment and tell me how many people you've kissed.

12 Comments:

At Tue Mar 22, 01:49:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Ha! I KNEW you'd be the one to get it!

 
At Tue Mar 22, 02:37:00 PM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

I seem to recall that Richard and Shaun Shuerman (spelling?) fought over you, which was quite the sight. Why Shaun was in there, I don't know, he wasn't a cool "Questie" like we were...

OK, my kiss number is greater than 20, but I'd have to sit down and really think to get you an accurate number. Some of those kissers were really, really bad. Some were really, really good. I've had some amazing kisses, some so tender they could melt my heart (this weekend...), some so urgent my knees gave way. The best kiss I've ever had came from G after he surprised me by coming home from TO three days early. The force and urgency of that kiss literally made me weak. Too bad the rest of our relationship was so effed up. We were really only good at that kind of stuff. Ah, c'est la vie. It's way too early to discuss what happened this weekend, mainly because I don't want to jinx it or whatever. Soon, though, grasshopper.

 
At Tue Mar 22, 08:19:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Ooooo, listening to you describe your kisses makes me feel jealous! Not that I am disappointed with my Sweetie, mind you; it's just there can only be one First Kiss with a person. I will never get that again. See, there ARE benefits to being single!

 
At Wed Mar 23, 07:46:00 AM MST, Blogger Scott said...

I think i have topped out at 2. I am married to half of the people I have ever kissed! She's a lucky girl I tell ya.

 
At Wed Mar 23, 10:12:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Man! I sound like such a floozie, what with my plus-20 kissing partners.

 
At Wed Mar 23, 05:40:00 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well I now somehow feel committed to posting although I am not a frequent blogger (SLCU.P.'s was my first). I think to myself that I should feel like a kiss whore with the amount of people that I've kissed, but really I don't feel remorse. It might have been the fact that I had only kissed one person till the end of High School. Beck, I always wondered what it would have been like...

Pre-mish, I spread myself around the BYU dorms, and I even had myself a couple of steady girlfriends the post-mish year. It was when I moved into a house with a group of friends that my kiss whoredom began. Nights would begin with a random clip from "Friday" (one of the best movies ever!) and then we would be off to the P-town hot spot, where I'd throw out my vibe (it has improved since H.S.) I'd find someone, most likely they would be in a group and we would invite them over to the pad. Well and you know what happens after that. Anyway.

As for the number, I really don't know, besides no one likes to hear those types of stories especially when you are trying to get that first kiss. So I always told them that I had kissed 7 different girls. (Oh and I never count Ryan.)

 
At Wed Mar 23, 09:28:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Okay, so compared to my brother and my husband and Scott, I really AM a scarlet woman! But Sarah and Richard... well, see! I told you 8 was a sweet and innocent number!

Nah, I'm sure that you guys are in the majority as far as your stats go. (You whores!) : )

 
At Thu Mar 24, 08:20:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I've GOT to know...
a) how good is your game, Richard?
b) what's P-Town's hot spot?
c) as an RM, when you invite a girl home, how bases do you round?
d) do you think that your kiss # is greater than mine?

 
At Thu Mar 24, 12:12:00 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U Princess, to answer your questions:

a) If my game were as good in High School as it is now, I probably wouldn't have gone on a mission. If I did it would be a "mission of love"!

b) I say 'hot spot' referring to the rotating parties that we would throw. Basically, my group of friends would throw a party somewhere and then another group would throw a party. http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/39713
(One of my new nicknames is "Mo")

c)This is the difficult question. Really it depends on what kind of RM you are. I had some football friends that would describe their bases differently than I, but mostly for the RM you "score" when you defeat the first kiss challenge.

d)I'm almost positive.

 
At Thu Mar 24, 02:46:00 PM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh, that's a challenge right there. I can guarantee, however, that my RBI's is greater than yours.

Doesn't matter what the football guys described them as, bases are bases. I'll describe them on my blog if necessary, I don't want to taint Beck's with that.

 
At Thu Mar 24, 05:28:00 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember right you had run up the score on me way back in H.S. What was his name...Pat? If not it was some type of transgender name. I only remember because we used to give you so much greif about him. And didn't he turn gay a couple of years after you dated him anyway?

Oh, and yeah I know what each base is, but you have to remember this is utah and you would have to probably talk to your bishop if you really knew what the bases were. Can't wait to hit that home run...

 
At Fri Mar 25, 11:34:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

First of all, I want it known to the world that I never turned anyone gay. EVER. That said, he made that whole thing up to make me jealous or something. There's actually a very funny story about the demise of our friendship that I will post - let's just say that it involves cowboy hats and belt buckles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home