Thursday, February 23, 2006

My week in review

Today's cereal: Cran-Vanilla Crunch and Crunch Berries

Monday: Spent President's Day with most of the siblings at my mommy's house. Got a debilitating migraine. Topped the day off by falling on the ice on my driveway when we got home. WITH The Boy in my arms. Spent the night worrying that he had a concussion, but realized in the morning after seeing the bruises and feeling the hurt that I took the brunt of the fall.

Tuesday: Still felt crappy. Didn't do any of the things I needed to get done before I start working again next Tuesday. Stayed up way too late.

Wednesday: Worked all day. Didn't get lunch, which made my migraine return. Came home to a baby that misses me way too much when I'm gone and wouldn't let me put her down the rest of the night. When the kids were finally wrestled into bed, I ignored the housekeeping and phone (sorry Mom, Sara, Sister Bartlett, and Strategic Marketing) and spent some much needed time bonding with The Hubby.

Thursday: Got up early and showered, thinking I would Get Things Done. Didn't happen. By the time both kids were bathed and dressed, it was lunchtime and naptime.
My plans for going back to work were originally going to be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, which is what I told the new childcare provider. My boss decided I was needed more on Mondays, though, so I called the childcare today to let them know I'd be needing them Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday instead. They informed me that they can't take the kids on Mondays-- they'd be over their adult to child ratio that they are licensed for. So now I'm trying to figure out how screwed I am.

Tomorrow I am taking the kids to the new childcare provider for a few hours to help them make the adjustment and get to know everybody. My provider prides herself in the fact that none of her kids ever cry on their first day. Somehow I think my kid is going to be the one to ruin that for her. He's a sweetie-- but damn.


Some good news, though-- the reunion I had started last Wednesday is in the works. I found the woman I was looking for, and talked to her Saturday. It is looking hopeful that she will say yes to meeting her half-sister. My client thinks I am the Most Amazing Person Ever, and it makes me feel all gooey inside.

I've been tagged by Sara, so I will get to that A-sap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home