Sunday, January 22, 2006

Randomness

Today's Cereal: Wheat Chex. With banana slices!

Here are a few quick updates for you:


1) I'm going to kill this dog. She's gotten over her fear of the cats, and now delights in chasing and barking at them whenever one of them makes an appearance from underneath the bed. They will never forgive me, I'm sure. We cheer Willis on when he takes a swipe at her in retaliation. Only 4 more days of this...

On the up-side, this funny little dog likes to sleep under the covers, at my feet. My feet are normally blocks of frozen flesh that I try to warm up on my huband's poor legs. The dog, however, is keeping them nice and toasty.

2) I just played Star Wars Battlefront II with my husband. Have any of you geeks (said lovingly--I'm included!) played this? We just spent over a half-hour on one of the space boards, and now I am having a hard time controlling my mouse under normal circumstances. If I want to point the curser up, I keep pulling down. (If you've played this, I think you'll know what I'm talking about.) It's very frustrating. When I close my eyes I see space and little red and blue circles.

3) My lesson today in church totally sucked.

4) Tomorrow my mom is going with me to have Robin's ears pierced. I am a little nervous about this, mostly because of the pain involved for her, but also because I will be marring her pristine little body with holes. Holes to be filled with cute little earrings, though... and thereby ending ever answering the question, "oh, how old is he?"

A good friend of mine objected very strongly when I told her that I would pierce my baby's ears-- she thought it was taking away her free agency to choose if she wanted it done or not later. I keep thinking about this. But at the same time, what little girl in their right mind would not want their ears pierced? My dad wasn't going to let me have mine pierced. Ever, I think. It took most of the neighborhood women hounding him, and he finally gave in when I turned 10. I was so thrilled. Now I delight in wearing huge earrings.

She will look so cute, though. I will definitely post pictures. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts on baby piercings.

5) I have three new links. John's blog under "Blog Friends", and Lucinda's and The Candy Kid's under "People that don't know me from Adam". Check 'em out.

6) A writer contacted me through my blog this weekend after she found my story of Robin's Birth. She is writing a story about labor & delivery nurses, and wants my input on my experience with them. If the magazine accepts her article, I might be interviewed in depth for it! I am excited at the prospect.

7) I have eaten enough candy in the last two months to kill a large elephant. I can't get enough. I am willing to admit I have a problem. On to the next step...

8) It's almost midnight. I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, so it's off to bed for me. Me and the dog, that is.

6 Comments:

At Mon Jan 23, 01:12:00 AM MST, Blogger Sarebear said...

Hi Beck! You go, Willis!

Although it's nice to have a foot-warmer, though. Scott won't let me warm mine.

I am not sure what I think of baby piercings, as my personal view, but I do know that whatever you decide for your baby, is nothing I'm going to "call" you on, remark negatively on, or treat you as though I am more righteous than you, for. She's your baby! And I sure bet she'll look cute, too, and I can say that even if I still don't know where I stand, personally, on it.

I'm assuming little flat studs of some kind? Nothing she can yank on? I have NO idea what a baby would wear!

I need to try Battlefront. I'm still trying to find my Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 disc, I've misplaced it. So I've consoled myself by downloading a schload of AWESOME outfits and starter houses with style, from The Sims Resource, for the Sims 2. I'll have to share some with you, the texture on some of these clothings is amazing!

I am sure feeling those leg and arm pulls now, though, especially in my belly (the leg pulls especially bring in the abs some, it seems).

 
At Mon Jan 23, 09:57:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of earrings on babies and little girls under 10, but I'm not a mother so what do I know? I name my purses for hell's sake. Whatever you decide for your children is your business and who are we (your adoring public) to say otherwise? Unless, of course, you're seriously endangering your children by, I don't know, dropping the cleaver you use during sacrifies or something.

 
At Mon Jan 23, 12:53:00 PM MST, Blogger Sarebear said...

I hope it went okay!

I didn't mean to lecture, I was just putting where I was coming from, and, hopefully, reinforcing the position that adults should and can disagree on stuff, without putting other people down; they/we can have different opinions, and fully accept the other's opinion we disagree with, and the actions they take that result from that opinion!

Anyhoo, that's what I think. And it saves alot of hurt feelings, too. If adults can't do the above, who can? Lol.

I can't wait to see her. Are we doing dinner tonight?

Give her ten hugs and kisses (ten of EACH! from me!). And tell her how beautiful I think she is . . .

 
At Mon Jan 23, 02:28:00 PM MST, Blogger mckay said...

i remember turning 13 and having my mom take me to get my ears pierced. it was a modern day right of passage. i didn't mind the wait and it was kinda special. i then did the same thing for (to) my daughter and it drove her bonkers waiting. i caved in when she was 12.

 
At Tue Jan 24, 07:01:00 AM MST, Blogger boo said...

Hey... 1st time to your blog... (which i am liking!)... the baby earring thing... while i don't really like it... it's your lovely daugther... however... i loved having my ears pierced... when i was 7... and the only thing i would say... is maybe you are taking about that lovely memory... of her mother taking her... to have it done... for me... it's one of the best memories of my mother... when i was a child!... but everyone is different... and perhaps your'll give her other... better memories!... just my 2 cents worth...

 
At Tue Jan 24, 09:39:00 AM MST, Blogger Holly said...

I don't believe in piercing babies ears, but it is your child and you have the right to do whatever you want with your child. Both of my sisters got their daughters ears done when they were babies and of course me being the different one in the family waited because David and I believed it to be the right thing for our daughter. Every parent has the right to choose the right thing for their child, which is the most wonderful thing about being a parent. I also understand about the memory thing that Boo said. Jordyn remembers it clearly when she got hers done. Of course, I scrapbooked the event too, so she can always look at those pages and reminisce (sp?) or least have the memories on pages. Good luck on whatever you choose to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home