Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's always about you, isn't it?

Today's cereal: Berry Burst Cheerios. Picked the berries out and gave them to Aiden because he wanted them so. Ah, motherhood.

The Boy had the stomach flu last week, if you haven't figured it out. Vomit and diarrhea for 6 days. I never want to touch another person's poo again. It was exhausting, and I need some "Becky Time". Just for me. I haven't been truly alone for a long time. Quick trips to Wal-Mart do not count.

I have the winter blues. I need warm weather. I need sunshine. I need to wear sandals and capri pants and a scandalously lowcut top (by Mormon standards, anyways). I miss St. Croix. I have even considered going to a tanning bed for the first time ever, even though I have an Irrational Fear of developing skin cancer. It's that bad this year.

My Christmas tree is still up, and it's a huge fire hazzard. I'm not motivated enough to take care of it without Kitt's help. Plus, I'd have a two year old helping me. And by helping I mean breaking a lot of glass.

I miss my bestest friend, Shawna. I wish she were here right now so we could get pedicures. She always makes me feel better.

I know all the names of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends. I even have favorites, which is a little bit sad. Watching Southpark at 10:30 every night is the only "grown-up TV" I am able to get lately. Though I'd really like to try out The Office, that everyone is talking about. I also used to like Arrested Development a lot, but I haven't been able to keep up with that. Haven't seen Smallville lately; I haven't even seen Seinfeld reruns. Nope, it's all Thomas, all the time. If not Thomas, then it's Monsters Inc. or Baby Einstein. My brain is fried.


Okay, I just read all that. I really sound whiny, so I'd better shut up. Here's something uplifting to leave you with--My baby is so freaking cute, and I can't stop kissing her.

7 Comments:

At Fri Jan 06, 01:56:00 AM MST, Blogger Sarebear said...

CUTE baby. @#$%#$% on the whining though, I am so @#$@#$ing there.

Well, yesterday was cartoon swearing day, so I'm entitled. Lol!

 
At Fri Jan 06, 04:54:00 AM MST, Blogger Lucius Atherton said...

Shawna desperately misses you, too, Beck. Come live with us, then the problem will be solved. See how easy?
The Office is freaking hilarious in a horribly uncomfortable, not necessarily "ha, ha funny" kind of way. I also quite enjoy "My Name is Earl", even if it is a bit over the top. But most of all, I heart Battlestar Galactica. I am so very serious. No really, I am. Shawna and I are convinced that it's the best show on television. It's probably the most down to earth (which is a very ironic phrase to use, if you've seen the show) sci-fi show ever made. No stupid-looking aliens and weird monsters. Just a good military/philosophical thriller. I'll send you the first 2 seasons, if you don't believe me.
Anyway, you need to go for a long drive playing U2 loud. But not as painfully loud as I understand the concert was. We ARE getting old.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 08:28:00 AM MST, Blogger The Leper said...

Series programs on DVd is the way to go. I don't even try to watch things on prime time TV. It is just not worth it. DVD's cater to my time and usually without the comercials they are only about 45 min. So when the kid is taking a nap you can pop in one of your favorite shows, or get a quick episode before you even know it. Especially the Arrested Development series, they are like only a couple of minutes. How do they pack so much funny in a half hour anyway. Oh, and if you are short on cash you can also dash on over to the library (where the kid can get some childrens books) and see if they have them there. Or you can even check it out onthe web if your library has an online catalog. You can now say "NO" to missing your favorite TV show.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 09:07:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

You know what you need that I can offer? Shopping. Shopping for new clothes - the spring lines are in or will be in stores very soon. And shoe shopping? Seriously, the greatest pick-me-up ever. Shoes will love you regardless of how your hair looks, how much weight you gain/lose, whether your lipstick bleeds, whatever. Let's shop!

 
At Mon Jan 09, 11:20:00 AM MST, Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

My inlaws got the first season (?) of The Office on dvd at the library and the older kids loved it. I still haven't seen it yet, but I'd like to. We don't watch much tv.

I am starting tanning 2-3 times a week tomorrow. Only 10 minutes a time (not 20-30 like some people I know) - enough to give me a little bit of light (I get light deprived) until April when it comes out again, but not fry. I sincerely doubt it's going to be a skin cancer issue as I'm dark complected anyhoo, but I'll probably cover my face up after 5 minutes anyway to make sure I don't get too much on my face. Cause I'm kinda vain and I don't want spots and wrinkles and such. :)

Our tree is still up too. Just wanted to make you feel better. :) And she is very kissable looking. I held my nephew a lot Sunday so I could kiss him. He smelled so good!

 
At Mon Jan 09, 02:33:00 PM MST, Blogger Scott said...

(1) Yes - she is super cute
(2) One Monster's Inc. I know about 3 different kids that are afraid of the dark now because of "Monsters" - so just a heads up. My kid stated saying it scared him and we tossed it.
(3) Spencer and Salty are my favorite trains.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 09:57:00 PM MST, Blogger Beck said...

Thanks for all the love, everyone. You rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home