Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Boy!

Today's Cereal: Life

Last Friday was Aiden's birthday. Since he has a funny little obsession for lights, we took him downtown to see the Christmas Lights at Temple Square. And since he is similarly obsessed with trains, we rode the Trax to get there. Aside from the bum-chilling cold, a good time was had by all.

Afterwards we went home for cake & ice cream with the grandparents. My mom is so friggin' awesome. She made the coolest cake for the Boy that looked like a road with trucks on it.

Yep, you guessed it, The Boy loves trucks, too. Deisels, garbage trucks, dump trucks, probably monster trucks. When he was a baby I refused to dress him in clothes that had construction vehicles on them. Now what does he love best? I should have refused to dress him in anything with U2 on it; then maybe he would love Bono as much as me. (Speaking of Bono, we went to the U2 concert on Saturday. But that is fodder for another blog post.)


Happy Birthday, my Boy. You've taught me more in the last two years than even you have learned with that amazing tape recorder mind of yours. I've never felt so much love before. I've never practiced so much patience before. I've never touched so much poop before. And I never thought I could be as happy as I am when you yell out, "Mama!"

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 21, 07:52:00 PM MST, Blogger Sarebear said...

I just have tingles reading that. The last paragraph, especially.

It never gets old, hearing them yell Mama, or Mom, or Mommy (unless it's the bored or annoyed Mah-ahm!)

I love to just watch you being a mother. You are a good one. And to juggle two such little ones! It's been awesome to see you become a mother. There is so much, in that word . . . the indescribable! And now I know YOU know what I'm talking about!

 
At Mon Dec 26, 01:20:00 PM MST, Blogger John said...

that sure is a cute kid. He has to be pretty close to the same age as my little bub. Merry Christmas Beck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home