Monday, December 05, 2005

100 things, Part 2

Today's Cereal: Special K
Current Mood: Alright!

Okay, shut up already. I'm doing it NOW, Alright? Sheesh.

51. Most days I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with my toddler. Why won't he listen to me? He won't even look at me when I call his name. It's maddening. And how can he be so incredibly cute at the same time? Like when he calls pomegranates "mama-granets". Talk about melt your heart. But then there is the whining...And then his laugh. And he is so smart. But the tantrums! Argh!

52. I worry a lot about what I would do if the house caught on fire.

53. I'd rather lie to you than hurt your feelings.

54. Similarly, I'll go to the ends of the earth to avoid confrontation. If I'm confronting you about something, you know you have MORE than pissed me off.

55. I've just been given the job of teaching the teenage girls at my church. I NEVER wanted that job because I think teenagers are stupid and I have no patience for stupid. I'm not minding it so much, though! I hope I haven't spoken too soon...

56. I love all things Gummi. (Except those gummi bugs with liquid centers...)

57. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

58. I like to be rewarded for good things I have done. Candy is usually enough of a reward.

59. The character traits I admire LEAST are impatience and selfishness.

60. The character traits I admire MOST are kindness and hard-workingness. (I know, that's not a word. How about 'industriousness'? The opposite of lazy.)

61. I feel like I am a really bad judge of character. I am no longer surprised that my first impressions are wrong.

62. I'm learning to heavily rely on "gut-feelings". I am finding they are rarely wrong.

63. My favorite color is Electric Blue.

64. I have hypothyroidism. And I am militant about getting it checked out every year. Mostly because I don't want the weight gain that often comes with it.

65. If we have another girl baby (not anytime soon! Don't worry!) I'm going to name her Leah. Leah Kapri.

66. I've been spelunking (sp?) once. It was terrifying and exhilarating. Once is enough for my lifetime.

67. I never bite my nails. I take great pride in having pretty hands.

68. I can't go without lotion.

69. I have a hard time saying what I want. I wish more people could read my mind.

70. I hate being taken advantage of. It happens frequently, though, because I don't speak up.

71. I like black licorice.

72. I like to watch American Idol.

73. I love seeing movies in the theatre.

74. At different times in my life I have wanted to be a veterinarian, a horticulturist, a geologist, and a travel agent- among other things.

75. I have absolutely NO ambition. I was fairly happy being just a secretary.


Okay, looks like there will have to be a part three as the baby is demanding attention. Same bat-channel, eh?

4 Comments:

At Tue Dec 06, 08:36:00 AM MST, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're still alive. It's astonishing that you and I have been friends for so long because we're SO OPPOSITE. Seriously - confrontation? Love it. Telling people what I want? Do it all the time. I could teach you, ya know.

 
At Wed Dec 07, 09:45:00 AM MST, Blogger bettyrae said...

#71 - black licorice - you must have inherited that one. It is my favorite and your Grandpa's. If you ever want to make him happy give him black NIBS.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 12:00:00 PM MST, Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

Man, you would love my hub, but you sound a lot like me. I run from confrontation, have no ambition, and hate asking for things yet expect everyone to know what I want. Hee. I bite my nails though... evil piano teacher taught me that in 1st grade and I've never had enough will power to get by it. Sniffles. I'm thinking fakers before my anniversary at the end of the month. I've had them long once or twice and just need to get used ot the feeling I think. Can't bite plastic right? :)

 
At Wed Dec 14, 11:47:00 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so my blog is gone. deleted. it was fun while it lasted. all of what a month or two. anyway, we need to hang out more- we haven't done that in a while. not that it's your fault...
Bryan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home